Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Craft

I found this craft online here at Me Making Do and knew I had to make is ASAP! It's a coffee filter flower bouquet. And, since my mom is majorly allergic to flowers I figured this would be great because I could finally give her flowers for Mother's Day :)

So, I gathered a few things and started to get to work















I couldn't find a wiffle ball like in the directions so I found a 6 pack of these foam balls and I thought that would be even better because then I could make more then one bouquet. I had already spray painted my vase before I took this picture but I tried to white wash is like Me Making Do did.




















EW! Definitely not the look I was going for!
(I forgot the most important part, the 50/50 mixture of paint and water...I just did straight paint)

Well, that didn't work out. So, as I looked around my garage I found another amazing flower pot. So I painted over the bright yellow and transformed it into this...

















I decided to leave it this bright red since the previous "white wash attempt" didn't turn out too well.

Then I went to work on gluing the coffee filters to the foam ball. I apparently got too involved in the project because I didn't take any pictures until I had already spray painted it. I just did a light coat of paint on the "flower" since I had painted the pot such a vibrant color.

















Later, I went through and added a small amount of glitter paint here and there to give it a little glimmer in the lights :)

I attached the flower with hot glue to a foam piece in the bottom of the flower pot and then added some rocks for weight and then the clear rocks (that I stole borrowed from another vase). I added a few grass pieces that I folded over and glue to make "leaves" and Walla...





























































This was very easy to make and super cute once finished! I already have plans to make one for my best friend and my desk at work :)

I linked this to the Me Making Do blog. Check out her blog. Amazing! Enjoy!


God Bless,
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad that you used the tutorial! Your's turned out very pretty!!! I found a way to do easy leaves below the flower so check out my blog later this week to see this!!! Thanks for linking to my post!!!

    ReplyDelete