It has been a while so I thought I would do an update on Kamryn's latest achievements.
As of today:
Diapers - Size 4 (just switched last week.)
Shirts/Dresses - Either 18-24 months or some 2T
Pants - 18-24 months. Most are a little big in the waist but we have to get them this size to fit length wise.
Eating: LOVES: yogurt, bananas, crackers, bread, milk, water, any juice (but i mix 1/2 juice, 1/2 water), hot dogs, chicken nuggets, toast (with butter, jelly, cinnamon sugar, or peanut butter), bagels with cream cheese, pancakes/waffles (with fruit or syrup), any type of cereal to snack on, meatloaf, cakes/cookies/donuts (in small portions of course!), helping Mommy bake because she gets to lick the beaters
Dislikes: casserole, veggies (depending on the day. sometimes she will eat them, other times no way), pot roast, peaches
For most meals I try to fix her a plate of whatever we are eating. If we are pretty much done eating and she hasn't hardly eaten, I will fix her the "toddler" meals from Wal-Mart that I keep on hand. I don't believe in forcing her to eat something she doesn't like. I do however, encourage her to TRY new things. I've tried to "force" her before and I've gotten thrown up on. LOL.
Bedtime - Kamryn goes to bed between 8 & 8:30pm. Any later and she is grouch in the morning. She is fairly good about going to bed with out too much of a fit. Some days are worse than others but overall we really can't complain. Kamryn has been a big snuggle bug with Momma lately and we try about once a week to lay down in my bed and snuggle before she goes to bed. But since she won't go to sleep like that, we can't do it very often, some nights it causes a fit because she would do it every night if we let her. (Let me clarify - If DAD let US. I want to every night, she's only my baby and wants to snuggle for so long, but Dad thinks it will start bad habits so we don't do it every night.
Words - Kamryn can say: Momma, Dad, Mamaw, Papaw, Uncle, Gog (Dog), Ba (Ball), Yeyyow (yellow),
Yakie (Jakie, our dog), Brrm Brrm (truck), Down, Up, Mo (More), NO!, Poo, Buh (butt), baby
Things she knows - If asked, she can identify the following: her arm, leg, hand, foot, eyes, nose, mouth, hair, ears, butt, belly
Favorite Toys - her doll stroller and talking dog, Violet, that has to be in the stroller, her purse, an old cell phone
She tries to repeat almost anything you ask of her but it is not always audible. She used to show a big interest in books but she doesn't much any more. She's way too busy following you around doing everything exactly the way you do it.
Funny stories recently:
* Not sure if I want to call this a "phase" or not - but several times Kamryn will be standing there playing or something and pass gas. She will then get the most worried look on her face, grab her butt and say "poo, poo"...until you tell her no, you didn't poo baby, you just farted.
* While getting ready for work the other day, I was putting my post earrings in, and she was staring at me intently and then put on hand on either side of her ear lobe to "to put her earrings on" just like I was. (I was rather impressed at the coordination)
* Every morning when Keith and I are getting dressed, when it comes time to put deodorant on, Kamryn thinks she has to put some on too. So I just put the cap back on and "put" it on her too.
Kamryn is one of the most strong willed and bull headed children I've ever met, especially for being so young. But she gets it honestly. Her father and I are quite hard headed/strong willed too. It keeps things very interesting, that's for sure!! She does not outwardly express things often (i.e. words, thoughts, sentences) instead she "pretends" she's not paying attention but is soaking up everything around her. She's very smart for her age but it seems that coupled with the will power, she knows too much. She knows the rules but keeps you on your toes every single day to see if you are going to enforce them or not. If you let your guard down for even a minute, she will notice and take full advantage! LOL. What a stinker!
Kamryn is definitely one of a kind but I wouldn't trade her (or anything in my life right now) for ANYTHING!! Keith and I are talking about expanding our family and I know that Kamryn will make a wonderful big sister some day! Until then, we will continue to spoil her and soak up every minute with her!
Crockpot Cowboy Casserole
1 week ago







No comments:
Post a Comment